Business Areas & Processes Delivered
Oil & Gas Processing
Our designs range from small batteries for isolated locations in the Argentinean Patagonia to big scale, complete, fast track projects like the Gran Chaco Gas Plant in Bolivia, one of the three largest cryogenic plants in Latin America.
• LTS plants: Refrigeration units, ME Glycol, Gasoline Stabilization.
• LPG Cryogenic Plants.
• LPG Absorption Plants.
• LPG Fractionation, Transport and Storage.
• Adsorption with Silicagel, Alumina or Molecular sieves.
• TEGlycol Drying.
• Removal of CO2 and SH2 with Amines or Membranes.
• Mercury Removal.
• Gas Compression and pipeline transport.
• Crude oil Treatment: direct and indirect fired heaters, FWKOs, Wash Tanks, Thermal treaters, electrostatic desalters.
• Oil pumping and pipeline transport.
• Topping and Gasoline Stabilization.
• Water Treatment: De-oxigenating Columns, Skimmers, CPIs, Flotation units, Filters, Re-injection.
Crude Oil Refining
Our vast experience in new refining units, capacity expansions, and revamp of existing units allows our clients to obtain maximum return on their investment. For process units employing a catalyst, we require only the basic operating conditions of the reactor. With that information, our engineers can simulate chemical reactions design reactor vessels, and manufacture distributors and supporting grids.
• Atmospheric and Vacuum Distillation Units.
• Process Fired Heaters.
• Absorption/Adsorption (Sieves, Silicagel, Alumina).
• Naphtha and solvent distillation.
• Hydrogenation, Reforming and Isomerization.
• Oxidized asphalt.
• Sour water treatment.
• Caustic soda desulphurization.
• Spent caustic treatment
• Dewaxing processes.
Oil & Gas Transport
Hytech provides pipeline design and assessment services for different transport requirements (gas, crude oil, water, and multiphase
transmission). Our company employs a team of specialized professionals trained in the use of the multiphase transient simulator OLGA, which is the standard tool used by major companies in offshore and onshore large pipeline projects.
The Flow Assurance discipline applies to single and multiphase pipelines and helps define the optimal parameters and design to ensure adequate functioning in stable operation as well as during transient conditions (start-up, shutdown, pigging, etc.) along the pipeline lifetime. This allows the transient evaluation of several scenarios, such as:
• Visualization, conceptual selection and design of the appropriate flow system.
• Flow system evolution. Definition of safe operating envelopes.
• Flow Assurance Philosophy and Strategy.
• Prediction and control of Hydrates and Paraffins formation/deposition.
• Corrosion studies (Conventional, Top Of Line). Corrosion inhibitor injection studies.
• Slugs Prediction. Sizing of new Slug Catchers.
• Capacity verification and control loops of existing Slug Catchers.
• Evaluation of optimal pipeline diameter to avoid flooding or generation of big slugs during a variety of operation modes.
• Pressurization and Glycol injection schemes to avoid hydrate formation during initial startup with surroundings still cold.
• Alternatives for pigging procedures with limited slug catching capacity.
• Scheduled and Emergency Shutdown.
• Packing and despressuring.
• Restart with packed line and flooded valleys
• Slug generation during rampups. Maximum rampup speed (ramp / staggered) to prevent Slug Catcher flooding.
• Cool down and hydrate risk after shutdown.
• Determination of “No-touch time” in order to perform a safe hot restart.
We offer engineering services for a wide range of petrochemical processes and operations, such as olefins, aromatics, and ammonia producing plants. For process units employing a catalyst, our engineers require only the basic operating conditions of the reactor to simulate chemical reactions, design reactor vessels, and manufacture distributors and supporting grids.
• BTX Extraction and Fractionation
• Sulphuric acid
• Synthesis and fractionation separation of methanol, ethanol, isopropyl alcohol.
• Synthesis and fractionation of ethylene, propylene and butenes
• Synthesis and fractionation of butadiene and styrene
• Maleic anhydride Synthesis
• TDI Synthesis
• Drying, contaminants elimination, deodorization.
• Liquid/liquid extraction.